1bmwdrvr1's comments

Kings (2009)
1bmwdrvr1 3 points 28 days ago.

Worth a watch while shows are shutdown for Covid19. The plot has many holes but it features Ian McShane and that should be enough for a lazy binge watch.

NBC Nightly News (2013) S2020 E182
1bmwdrvr1 2 points 1 month ago.

thanks for posting this nice and concise nightly news…

Yellowstone (2018)
1bmwdrvr1 3 points 1 month ago.

Well worth a watch. One of the best dramas on TV over the last few years. The scenic location is a character in and of itself. Glad to hear a season 4 is slated already…

I May Destroy You (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 -3 points 1 month ago*.

i find it difficult to understand the verbiage and see no talent from the protagonist. I am not sure if the lead is a man who is now a woman or just a manly gal, i guess it doesn’t really matter, the content is worthless.

Hightown (2020) S1 E7
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 1 month ago.

well worth a watch decent cast and good character development. a binge is in the off if you are just finding this show now… 8/10

Perry Mason (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 1 month ago.

this is hardly worth watching, if you’ve never seen the original you might like it but the remake is really weak. perry mason was the epitome of cool this guy is just shallow.

The Salisbury Poisonings (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 1 month ago.

well worth a watch, strong cast and the story is well told.

5ive Days to Midnight (2004)
Alex Rider (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 3 points 2 months ago.

worth a watch. big budget (normal anyway, and strong cast) leads to a well crafted backstory and plot. 8/10

Hightown (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 2 months ago.

worth a watch, took a few beats to get interested but glad I stayed 8/10

Vida (2018)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 2 months ago.

worth a watch…8/10 good character development and engaging story

The Mill (2013)
1bmwdrvr1 2 points 2 months ago.

well worth a watch…one of the best period pieces available 9/10

In the Dark (2019)
1bmwdrvr1 3 points 2 months ago.

this is worth a watch, not as CW as most of the CW shows are, if you get my drift.

The Good Fight (2017)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 2 months ago.

one of the better/smarter shows, that’s well worth a watch, the episodes that show Diane micro dosing are a hoot. great satire of the whole political system. if your politics are your life and if you have a thin skin, pass on this show,if not step up and hang on….9/10

The Village (2013)
1bmwdrvr1 3 points 2 months ago.

WATCH THIS… very well done period drama with great character development, This is well worth your time 9/10

Cardinal (2017)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 2 months ago.

well worth your time 9.5/10 well written and the scenery is always haunting and beautiful. This could have gone on much longer but it is wrapped with class.

Survive (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 2 points 2 months ago.

short episodes 7-9 mins. each. found it to be thin and weak.
a time waster. i am sad to see that this was even made but in the era of tic tok, where children’s attention span is so short, i guess it has it’s place…

The Eddy (2020) S1 E1
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 3 months ago.

no subs. french

Kingdom (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 3 months ago.

well worth a watch… Don’t let the cover art put you off, this is a gritty violent drama that holds it’s own. binge worthy…8/10

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath (2016)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 3 months ago.

An interesting look at the workings of a cult. Heart breaking at times but I can’t help but think “just leave man, don’t allow yourself to be abused like that”. Children born into it never get an education and are hindered for the rest of their lives. Leah and her associates pull back the curtain in an interview format, that is worth watching, if you are curious about this cult.

Shahs of Sunset (2012)
1bmwdrvr1 -1 points 3 months ago.

These adult children are living off their parents wealth that was stolen from the Iranian people during the years we,(USA), had a puppet gov’t (Shah)installed, as it failed and became an Islamic State.

Nature Unleashed: Volcano (2005)
1bmwdrvr1 -1 points 3 months ago.

Really really bad.

Rectify (2013)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 4 months ago.

A slow burn with no fancy FX but one of the best drama series available IMO…

The Honourable Woman (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 4 months ago.

Well worth a watch. A bit violent at times but nothing gratuitous.

Our Girl (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 4 months ago*.

Worth a swatch of your time if you enjoy character driven story’s rather than lots of FX… The “girl” changes from season one (maybe 2 as well)… Edit. Our Girl 2013 seems to be listed as a different show (no links yet.

Little Fires Everywhere (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 4 months ago.

Well worth a watch. If you liked Big Little Lies or you just like good television this is for you… Hulu is producing high quality TV. Yes I said “TV” I am old…

Kingdom (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 5 months ago.

Don’t let the “cover art” fool you, this show is really good, a bit violent but hey it is about a family of MMA fighters. Give it two episodes and try not to binge the rest…

Bad Banks (2018)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 5 months ago.

IF you can put up with subtitles, this is a decent watch.

19-2 (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 5 months ago.

One of the best “cop shows” available. A bit of a slow burn but the character driven backstories are excellent. If you want to try just one episode try s02e01.

Tommy (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 6 months ago*.

She was so good in the Sopranos and Nurse Jackie that I thought this would be a sure winner. Unfortunately the Writers/Producers have seen fit to inject every stereotype of 1% of the people of LA. and turned what could have been a winner into a mush-mash of political correctness on steroids. It is only the Pilot at this point so I will watch it again but with lowered expectations. So far, 5/10. Edit 4/10 the PC police have ruined what could have been a good show…

The New Pope (2020)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 6 months ago.

Really enjoying this. Some will see it as sacrilege, which it may be, but i find it compelling and am hoping for a season 3.

True Detective (2014)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 7 months ago.

Well worth a watch! Be ready with your time because you might want to binge watch.The character studies are masterfully crafted, dark and dirty so much so that you might notice a parallel in your own life…

19-2 (2014) S2 E1
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 7 months ago.

Well worth a watch. If you want to just try one episode try s02e01, you will miss out on some backstory but it is gripping! IMO one of the best crime/police procedural ever made.

Richard Jewell (2019)
Ditzygypsy 7 points 7 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

I wish people would say why they give something one star. I try to explain my judgement. Is the movie poorly made? Is the acting awful? Do you think it’s well-made but disagree with the content or slant of the perspective of the creators? I like biopics, and I remember this. I felt very sorry for him, and I believe the whole disaster they made of his life was definitely avoidable, but I don’t know the inside of the story (because I wasn’t there, as most of us also were not there) to know if there is or isn’t just one person to push that blame on. I want to see this because Eastwood makes good movies, and because it’s my favourite genre. I will come back and say if it liked it in an edit. But it doesn’t mean I liked the perspective, and I’ll try to say so if that’s the case. It is just one movie maker’s perspective. At any rate, Richard deserved a movie about his ordeal. That much I do feel strongly about. Please explain why you feel this is a low-rate, one-star movie. If you actually watched it, that is.
I’m not sure what I may have said that seemed like a spoiler in my actual “review” below, because I didn’t reveal anything that we don’t already know historically, but I was asked to put my spoiler parts in spoiler brackets. So I think I have to put this entire piece in as a spoiler? I have always understood history to be unspoilable unless you live under a rock. Please don’t live under a rock.
EDIT: I enjoyed the movie. The acting was superb. I felt the same heartache for Richard as I always did. I don’t think the Press is bad. Reporting is necessary, especially where politicians are concerned! I’m not American, but I don’t believe the FBI is corrupt, but there are ambitious people who seem soulless in every line of work. I think this was a snowballing effect of tunnel vision and personal ambition, but the reporter who stared it all is also no longer here to add any further personal insight to her actions. This is one take on the story, and for the most part, as we saw it unfold in front of our eyes, this is what happened on the outside. Whether or not what went on inside the minds and through the actions of the key players in the FBI and the Press happened the way this movie shows us, we can’t know for certain. But something did go wrong, and it was human action that caused it. I believe the Press is very important, and there are hundreds of journalists who do their jobs with integrity, just as there are those integrity-driven people populating law enforcement. There are bad people in every line of work. This movie in no way changes my opinion of the news I take in or my feelings about the good that law enforcement does. I am just glad Richard’s story got told. My heart goes out to his mother, too, since I’m a single mom of one son. Thank you, uploaders.

1bmwdrvr1 5 points 7 months ago.

Hear Hear my good viewer, well said at the least. I believe there is a troll giving everything a one star without even viewing the video.

Hit & Miss (2012)
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 7 months ago.

Well worth a watch. The story ages well so don’t worry that it is getting a bit “long in the tooth”. Lets hope for a full set of links soon.

Forky Asks a Question (2019)
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 8 months ago.

If you can’t say something nice, then say nothing at all======================== ==============================================================================================================================================

Jeopardy! (1984)
1bmwdrvr1 1 points 8 months ago.

Alex is such a class act, pancreatic cancer be damned! Give it a watch you will be amazed at what you can answer and “oh darn I knew that” still counts!

The Weekly (2019) S1 E22
1bmwdrvr1 0 points 8 months ago.

this is the wrong episode it is from week before last….

The War of the Worlds (2019) S1 E3
1bmwdrvr1 -2 points 8 months ago*.

I found this to be tedious and not worth watching. I expected more from the cast and apparent budget but alas… Fyi the 2nd episode is double and the last of what is listed as 3 episodes. This couldn’t redeem itself with more anyhow…

9-1-1 (2018)
1bmwdrvr1 2 points 9 months ago.

An easy watch, pedantic at times but the action scenes are getting better. Can’t go wrong if you want some mindless fulfillment on a quiet night… 8/10 (for what it is…)