8STORY8's comments

The Handmaid's Tale (2017)
8STORY8 1 points 6 days ago

Just finished binge-watching season’s 1-3 def 5 out of 5 and right into my favorites.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S3 E13
8STORY8 0 points 6 days ago

BRAVO 5/5

American Ninja Warrior (2009) S11 E16
8STORY8 1 points 6 days ago(Contains Spoilers)

WoW! I could not be happier for Drew, that was so well deserved! And what a great season.

Australian Survivor (2002) S6 E24
PacificLilly 0 points 6 days ago

This was by far one of the best final tribals I’ve very seen. (USA, AU, SA) Wow, wow, wow. This season had some of the best game play of all time claps Wow.

8STORY8 2 points 6 days ago

Yeah, 100% agreed!

Australian Survivor (2002)
8STORY8 0 points 6 days ago(Contains Spoilers)

amazing that those three made it soooooo long on that horrendously challenging final immunity challenge, just wow. I am disappointed that some of the best game players are now sitting on the juror but that is quite frankly how it often does play out. I was team Harry.

Australian Survivor (2002)
8STORY8 0 points 6 days ago *

Mid-way through the Finale and can say I’ve enjoyed this as much as I’ve enjoyed many of my favorite seasons of the US version. I wasn’t sure I’d like that just two go to final tribal (though I know US has done that but usually does the finale three) but I did like it. That lends to even more weight and power to that final immunity challenge and that winner’s decision who to take with them and a fascinating opportunity for the remaining two to powerfully speak their pitches to them and in front of the jury. This brings another level of strategy to the game. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone (I was careful to be general), so enough said, and I’ll get back to watching the second half.

The Healer (2017)
8STORY8 2 points 11 days ago

I’d say on this one, don’t trust the low IMDB score; But, rather check out the IMDB reviews and see that enough enjoyed this movie to give it a very positive review and a high to respectable score. Overall viewers expressed that it is a positive feel good movie and were glad they watched it, and some were touched deeply, so if that’s what you’re in the mood for, I’d check it out. I’m going to. You can watch the trailer Here

8STORY8 2 points 11 days ago *

Yes, I did enjoy it…this is for those who do believe in magic…and I was delightfully surprised to see the writer / director is Paco Arango who also wrote and directed Maktub (2011) which use to be in my favorites on the old PW (not in our database at this time)…great movie with a similar essence to Healer. Paco has a special place in his heart for story telling and helping ill children and the magic held in doing so. The following is from the bio on IMDB:

“In December 2011, he wrote and directed Maktub. The film was well received in Spain and garnered three nominations at the Spanish Academy (Goya) Awards. The movie benefited the Maktub Center, the number one bone marrow transplant wing in Spain.

Paco combines his passion for storytelling with a deep commitment to helping seriously ill children.
His Aladina Foundation provides volunteers, builds teen rooms in hospitals, and helps fund expenses for children and their families.

In 2012, Aladina used profits from Arango’s first film to build one of Europe’s most advanced bone marrow transplant center in Madrid.

In 2016, Aladina Foundation rebuilt Hospital Niño Jesús’ ICU with a cost of over 1.5MEUR creating Aladina ICU with the latest technology and comfortable installations for the families.

In 2008, Arango was elected to the Board of Directors of SeriousFun Children’s Network, which runs camps and programs for seriously ill children around the world.

His last project “The Healer”, the first film in the world with a 100% philanthropic cause. It features a cast of well-known actors. The film is dedicated to Paul Newman.”

The Healer (2017)
8STORY8 2 points 11 days ago

Gidseltagningen (2017)
bevnick 1 points 12 days ago

Thank you 1,000,000 times!

8STORY8 2 points 12 days ago

awe that’s nice to read :D You are so welcome.

Gidseltagningen (2017)
DebbyDebb 2 points 1 month ago

Another fantastic show from Denmark. However, I started watching it awhile ago and couldn’t finish because there were no links. I’m hoping to see it all the way to the end here. Well worth watching.

8STORY8 2 points 13 days ago

added ep. 7

Gidseltagningen (2017)
DebbyDebb 1 points 28 days ago

I’m not sure what happened to episode 7. The second season of this is even better than the first but could someone please, if possible, upload a working version of episode 7? The one on here right now is only 7 minutes long and it’s all wonky. Tak!!

8STORY8 2 points 13 days ago

added ep. 7

Survivor (2000)
gypsy soul 2 points 18 days ago

SEASON 39??? THIS SHOW IS A SURVIVOR.
Season 39 Premiere
Wednesday, September 25 GO TO THE ISLAND HERE

8STORY8 1 points 16 days ago

Ain’t that the truth!

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S1 E10
Sassyreadhead63 1 points 23 days ago

Sending good thoughts from PA! 🤞I’m also sending out some good weather vibes for ya! Stay safe, and Happy Viewing!
That last episode of season one……. WOW!

8STORY8 1 points 23 days ago

Yeah right, so much went down! I can’t wait to find out what’s next…and also what was before, like about the Colony, etc. and so many unanswered questions yet at the same time they are great at answering enough to keep yeah curious and yes riveted. Thanks for the good weather vibes. Happy viewing to you too.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S1 E10
Sassyreadhead63 1 points 23 days ago

Just started season 2. I am shocked at how quickly it drew me in….. “riveting” is the perfect adjective to describe it! I started my binge 2 days ago, and can not wait to start another episode!
I’m secretly hoping it rains, so I have a good reason to skip all the holiday weekend festivities 😂😂😂😂

8STORY8 1 points 23 days ago

haha…I’m not so secretly hoping we don’t have any power outages from the impending hurricane (I’m in Florida) so that I can continue to binge watch it also.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S1 E10
8STORY8 4 points 23 days ago

I’m late to the viewing party, perse; but this story ain’t no party. But it sure as heck is riveting, and so I am so glad I finally got started and have been binge-watching it!

The Speed of Thought (2011)
8STORY8 1 points 24 days ago

Another low-budget film with very mixed reviews, love it or hate it, many give it 8-10 stars. It’s not a typical action sci-fi but for the thinkers and philosophers and perhaps not the skeptics of the positive potentials of psychic abilities.

Meditation Park (2018)
8STORY8 1 points 24 days ago

Great little slice-of-life film. And, co-stars Sandra Oh.

Memory Lane (2014)
8STORY8 1 points 24 days ago

Another potentially decent film, despite a low IMDB score and highly mixed reviews. I often find films with both very high and low scores to be an interesting watch. For instance, one called it “a surreal masterpiece that envelops and tantalizes every aspect of the viewer’s palate” and another “a dreadful incoherent mess.” Whatever it is, it was done on one of the lowest budgets ever,$300.00!

Suicide Blonde (1999)
8STORY8 1 points 24 days ago

Despite it’s low IMDB score, most of those who took the time to reviews this on IMDB gave it great scores, 9 and 10s out of 10, and said: “A fun ride,” “cult classic in the making,” “wild and crazy modern day western” and “it does have some rough edges. But in a way that adds to its charm. It’s a good flick to watch with your friends over a beer and just enjoy its unusual characters, sexy girls, and funny yet deadly bad guys.”

American Ninja Warrior (2009) S11 E13
8STORY8 1 points 26 days ago *

[email protected]#&$!!%&^!! Stage 2: Challenging Coarse!! - Remarkable Athletes!!
exciting to watch!

Lean on Pete (2018)
8STORY8 1 points 26 days ago

Very good movie (2018) that I’m glad I didn’t miss.
Watch the Official Trailer Here

Australian Survivor (2002)
Redrobotmonkey 2 points 29 days ago

I am giving this version of survivor a shot because of your review!

8STORY8 1 points 29 days ago

Yay! I do hope you enjoy it.

Australian Survivor (2002) S6 E15
kingarco66 -3 points 29 days ago

as an aussie im vaguely ashamed this exists :)

8STORY8 2 points 29 days ago

one person’s trash is another person’s idol! ~ to each his own mate. :D

Australian Survivor (2002) S6 E15
8STORY8 2 points 29 days ago

WOw! haven’t even finished watching the episode yet at the point right after immunity challenge before tribal, and couldn’t be more excited to watch this one go down. I am so enjoying Survivor Australia! Don’t know if all the seasons are this good, since this is my first watching the Auzzie version, but It will not be the last!

13 Reasons Why (2017)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Netflix Original Series (IMDB Score 7.8 as of 8.23.19 with the release of season 3). Watch Official Trailer Here

Alice Wetterlund: My Mama Is a Human and So Am I (2019)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago *

My kinda stand-up, simple everyday life, cleverly-humorously perceived! A Natzi would not agree, lol.

Alone (2015) S6 E11
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Most Excellent; thoroughly enjoyed that. Some very fascinating people with profound experiences and insights gained. I really appreciate that they share it, ‘win or lose.”

Australian Survivor (2002) S6 E12
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago * (Contains Spoilers)

Man that was so good! Usually, I’m not as stoked about Survivor till nearer or even after merge; but this season is HOT! If Dave and Harry both make it to merge it’s going to explode. I don’t see how they can pull that off; but they’ve been pulling off the near impossible so far. And, that was so funny how that guy tried so hard to throw the challenge but couldn’t pull it off! The fact that the three don’t tell John and Braden that that’s the plan is pretty telling, too. I’m loving the Auzzie version of Survivor. And, the music during the voting was awesome! Had me on the edge of my seat. And, doesn’t Jeanine see that she’s only adding to the narrative that Harry is the ultimate survivor here? I mean she as much said so. I loved Harry’s last ditch effort. It was pretty smart and to add the socks to the bounty, lol. I was somewhat surprised that they didn’t go for it. But, I also understand why they did not. Well, wow, what a great episode this was! You can bet Harry will be scouting idol’s long before sunrise. Go Harry!

Australian Survivor (2002)
truxlady33 0 points 1 month ago

Why no links for the past few?

8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

It only aires twice a week.

Лучше, чем люди (2018)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago *

5 min. in and I’m already highly intrigued! I read the IMDB reviews via link in comments, thanks etim. And, premise-wise, and as stated in IMDB comments, it is the Russian version of Humans. BUT, as also stated there, and I can sense in the first 5 minutes, it’s not a copy of it either; It’s got it’s own plot trajectory, yet same premise, and yet also different setting in technology developments, than Humans is. (I’m a fan of Humans, but I can see in the first five minutes that this has a unique tone of its own and an entirely different main character - and an intriguingly interesting one). Cool, I’m eager to dive into it further.

Parasite (2019)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Watch Official Trailer HERE As of 8/15/19, has an IMDB Rating of 8.6

David Makes Man (2019)
8STORY8 3 points 1 month ago

Extra!
Checkout Official Trailer HERE

David Makes Man (2019) S1 E1
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Watch Official Trailer HERE

David Makes Man (2019) S1 E1
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Extra!

Australian Survivor (2002) S6 E11
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago(Contains Spoilers)

I so enjoyed watching Dave in the Survivor Cinema, lolol, omgosh, he is fun to watch - no holds bar

I Am... (2019)
8STORY8 0 points 1 month ago

It does deliver! 5/5

“From writer-director Dominic Savage and starring a trio of Britain’s leading female actors –Samantha Morton , Vicky McClure and Gemma Chan – comes a dramatic anthology series.

Created by BAFTA winning filmmaker Dominic Savage (The Escape), the stories for each film has been developed and co-authored with the leading actors, with themes including relationships, identity and empowerment. The trilogy explores the experience of three women in moments that are emotionally raw, thought-provoking and utterly personal.”
(Quoted from official source of Production: http://meandyouproductions.co.uk/portfolio_page/dominic-savage-drama-anthology-series/)

Roseanne (1988) S1 E9
ashjoemom 2 points 1 month ago

Would like a link to this episode that is downloadable. I travel frequently and use USB’s for entertainment when streaming is not possible. Thanks!

8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

really enjoyed this show my own self.

Roseanne (1988) S1 E9
ashjoemom 2 points 1 month ago

8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

linked you up with a dwnldable vers. Verystream vers. no.3

Warrior (2011)
8STORY8 2 points 1 month ago

I agree with the previous commenters. It is one of my favorite movies of 2011.

Australian Survivor (2002)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago *

Middle of S6 ep. 6 (first season I’ve watched of Au Survivor) and have to admit, I am liking the Au version even better than the US version (and I’m a long time fan of the US version). The challenges all are so consistently more “challenging,” similar but yet noticeably different, than the US version’s, and very well thought out. The production and the editing of the show are top notch. The editing is pretty cool, I’m liking the contestants back stories being shown, the side interviews in real time, and the humor and game play back at camps. And many of the contestants are avidly in it to win it, which makes for an exciting season even early on. I also prefer what they don’t show, to keep you, the viewer, still enough surprised at tribal council and at the vote. The editing is clever and thought out. Also, I do not like when you do not get to see after tribal, who votes what, and so far they’ve shown it. And, the host is just as good as Jeff on the US version. And, the venue, aka island, they are on in S5 is spectacular to look at. And, over all, I think the editing is more balanced out than the US version, so that the viewer gets the whole experience, the social aspects, the relationships, the personalities, the individual styles of game play, the sleeping, cooking, eating, playing, etc. and weather conditions. Whereas on many of the US season’s they’ll focus on some of the aspects and at times actually ignore everything else.
I’m also watching the African version, and well in my opinion, it’s watchable, somewhat enjoyable but has a ways to go, to get my praise.

Jane the Virgin (2014) S5 E19
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

<3 the feels

Wentworth (2013) S7 E10
8STORY8 0 points 1 month ago

The character development and acting is quite phenomenal

60 Days In (2016)
8STORY8 0 points 1 month ago

Monterey Pop (1969)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

AMaZinG Great Music-Concert-Documentary…sweeeeeeeet

60 Days In: Narcoland (2019)
8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago *

Just finished watching the first five seasons of 60 Days In; and right in time to catch the premiere of season six and it’s new focus. That’s one thing I can say about 60 Days In w/o giving away too much is that each season does change, sometimes even different facilities, too. And boy, are they different from each other. What happens in each season is also different and always something new and interesting unfolds. I have been much more pleased as the experience of 60 Days In has progressed through it’s own development over time with how effective the information that the participants give from the experience has effected real change. And, Season 5 was really a mind-blower for me experiencing the depth of race politics that can be involved in some prisons. Excited to start season 6 tonight!

Peaky Blinders (2013)
max.black 4 points 1 month ago

pushed back again…? curse you, BBC 💀💀💀

8STORY8 2 points 1 month ago

hahah

Peaky Blinders (2013)
8STORY8 2 points 1 month ago

Peaky Blinders S05E01 Confirmed for BBC Two on 15 November at 9pm to 10pm
Ep 1/6

Vernon, Florida (1981)
8STORY8 0 points 1 month ago *

7.2 IMDB score (7/26/19) and some interesting and positive reviews on IMDB of this documentary; some from those who live, or have lived, and/or still have family living in Vernon, and some whose family is in the documentary; and all confirm the accuracy of the documentary… I (who also live in Florida but don’t even know where Vernon is) may have to check it out. Decided to Google Map “Vernon”. It’s up in the Florida Panhandle right off of I-10.

8STORY8 -1 points 1 month ago *

haha, duh, I just now noticed that the cover title is a sign, pointing to the panhandle of Florida, lolol. Alright, leave me alone, I need a nap.

Vernon, Florida (1981)
8STORY8 0 points 1 month ago *

Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)
gypsy soul 3 points 2 months ago *

NEW EXCITING OFFICAL TRAILER—- HERE

8STORY8 1 points 1 month ago

Thanks! Looking forward to this FuN _ Watch Listed.