Alien's comments

Explorers (1985)
Alien 0 points 3 hours ago.

Judging by the description and the rating and the two young rising stars there’s a good chance it will be VERY good.

A Man for All Seasons (1967)
Alien 2 points 5 hours ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Unquestionably one of the greatest films of all time, and stands the test of time. Paul Scofield’s rendition of the great English humanist, Sir Thomas More, a man who refuses to surrender his conscience to the dictates of king and countrymen, is one of the greatest lead dramatic performances ever in cinematic history. I highly recommend “A Man for All Seasons” to anyone who enjoys historical dramas.

My Name is Earl (2005)
Alien 0 points 5 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Hilarious…until it jumped the shark. There is only so much funny, ya know.

The Knick (2014)
LuxxyLuxx 1 points 1 month ago.

Same here!!!

Alien 0 points 17 hours ago.

Same!

The Rookie (2018) S2 E15
Eelectric -1 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Ah yeah, they multiplied.
It’s funny, they take the effort to click for spoilers, then vote it down. I think it’s pretty useless in general, but even more useless to downvote hidden spoiler posts, it’s your own fault for reading them.
But i’m thinking too logical, they just blindly hate everything.

I usually upvoted your posts, but yeah, what’s the point anyway, it’s not like all the downvoted posts get deleted or something, so our anti-fans are wasting time and effort, but eh, at least we keep them busy!

Alien 0 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I think they have more time now because of stay-at-home orders. But what a useless thing to occupy your time.

Cursed Films (2020) S1 E1
Alien 1 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I don’t know if this movie was cursed. I can’t say I believe in demonic possession, but, I can’t say that I don’t. What I can say is I want to watch the movie again.

The Rookie (2018) S2 E16
Alien -1 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Lucy has a fantastic voice but I’m sure they wasted too much money hiring the cast of American Idol for 2 min. This was a silly episode.

The Rookie (2018) S2 E15
Eelectric -4 points 14 days ago.

Thank you.

Alien 0 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

You’re welcome.
There must be a gang of mean ppl going around down-voting almost everyone because each user is allowed one down-vote,
and we, obviously, have been down-voted multiple times.
Although it’s hard to tell, someone recently up-voted you.

The Walking Dead (2010) S10 E15
Alien -2 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

That was a bizarre episode. The Whisperer is hearing voices and now he’s teaching Walkers how to talk. He needs to be deprogrammed.
This episode did nothing but create confusion.

Bull (2016) S4 E18
Alien -1 points 1 day ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Attica! Attica! That was so funny.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (2014) S7 E7
Alien -2 points 2 days ago.

That was an excellent episode. John Oliver still holding truth to power.

P.S. Beware of OANN

The Walking Dead (2010) S10 Special
JohnJamesRambo -2 points 2 days ago.

Ain’t that some bullshit. Postponing the last episode of this season is blasphemous over a virus….

Alien -1 points 2 days ago.

How ironic. Life imitates art.

She-Ra with Kylie Minogue (2013)
JadeEnigma -1 points 3 days ago.

Why have I never seen this wonderful thing before??

Alien 0 points 3 days ago.

I hadn’t brought it to your attention yet. ;)

Amy Schumer Presents Mark Normand: Don't Be Yourself (2017)
Alien 0 points 3 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I fast forward past Schumer. Mark was pretty good but he couldn’t hold my interest longer than 20 min. The “yeah yeahs” were too monotonous.

Britannia (2018) S1 E1
XoxOhGod -2 points 3 days ago.

started watching this awhile back but lost me in all the bullshit… thinking about starting back up but dont really know.

Alien 0 points 3 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

The first episode was the length of a movie and it almost lost me, too.
But, I will soldier on to episode 2. I like the genre.

She-Ra with Kylie Minogue (2013)
Alien 1 points 3 days ago.

This was pretty good. Minogue makes a good She-Ra.

Britannia (2018) S1 E1
Alien 0 points 3 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

It’s Madame Hooch!

Amazing Stories (1985) S1 E1
Alien 1 points 3 days ago.

That was pretty cool. Bye, Opa!

Amazing Stories (2020) S1 E5
Alien 1 points 3 days ago*.

That was amazing! I liked 1, 3 and 5.
I’m going to check out the original series now.

The Fifth Musketeer (1979)
Alien 1 points 3 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

What a waste of an all-star cast.

Brockmire (2017) S4 E3
Alien 1 points 3 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

WTF happened to Brockmire??

The Whalebone Box (2020)
darklighter1 -1 points 4 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

HaHaHa! I saw that title and said oooh i bet its a creepy thriller and then saw your synopsis (thank you by the way) and thought who would watch that? I don’t even wanna see the trailer. Thanks again A!!

Alien 1 points 4 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

You’re welcome, dl.

The Whalebone Box (2020)
darklighter1 -2 points 4 days ago.

Sounds…YAAAAAWN….thrilling…

Alien 1 points 4 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

LOL. I tend to agree.
According to one IMDb reviewer it was “Awful. Simply awful.”

Hawaii Five-0 (2010) S10 E22
Alien 2 points 4 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

WhereTF is he going? Does this mean there is still a 5-0 unit?
Spin-off?

Bye Steve. Bye Danny. Bye Lou. Bye Tani Rey. Bye Junior. Bye Adam. Bye Quinn. Bye Duke. Bye Kamekona. I’ve been with you for 10 seasons and I’m gonna miss you. You big dummies.

P.S. Bye Noelani.

Transplant (2020) S1 E6
Alien -1 points 4 days ago.

It’s fascinating how different hospital procedures are from country to country right down to the terminology. This show makes me realize how silly other medical procedural shows I watch are. I can’t praise this one enough.

The Whalebone Box (2020)
Alien 4 points 4 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Plot Summary:
A box made of whale bone, was washed up on a remote beach in the Outer Hebrides. Once touched the box can change lives. The box was given to Iain Sinclair almost thirty years ago by Steve Dilworth, a sculptor based on the Island of Harris. It was always intended to be an active thing, kill or cure. Three men undertake a journey to return the box to the place where the whale was beached.

McLeod's Daughters (2001)
JadeEnigma 2 points 5 days ago.

I first got into this show while living in Australia, and even visited the places where it had been filmed after the show ended. I had lunch in the Gungellan Hotel and a cuppa on the veranda of Drover’s Run!

Alien 1 points 4 days ago*.

OMGosh! That’s so cool.

McLeod's Daughters (2001)
Alien 1 points 5 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I watched every season of this show a couple years back. It was wonderful.
Lots of joy and heartbreak. It allowed the viewer to become invested in the character of their choice since just about every one of them had a personal arc. Plus with the beautiful scenery of the outback of South Australia it was a win/win for me.

The Falcon and the Snowman (1985)
Alien 0 points 5 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

This is an awesome movie. They were definitely in over their heads. Sad.

Miracle Workers (2019) S2 E10
XoxOhGod -1 points 6 days ago.

Just like last season there most likely going to change it all up again!

Alien 0 points 5 days ago.

Agreed.

Almost Paradise (2020) S1 E1
Alien -1 points 6 days ago.

Very cheesy and sweet. The acting is not the greatest but I think it will get better as it goes along. An American ex-DEA agent in the Philippines that gets little of the peace and quiet he’s seeking is a fresh concept that includes the beautiful scenery and people of the Philippines. This might be a light, breezy filler in between production interruptions of your favorite shows providing its production hasn’t also been interrupted. Judging by the date of its premier I’d guess all episodes are ready to air.

America's Funniest Home Videos (1990) S30 E17
One Day at a Time (2017) S4 E1
thedamaged0ne -3 points 6 days ago.

I was told by an admin to stop reporting the links with commercials, it seems they don’t care, I tested pretty much all of them, they all had them :/

Alien -3 points 6 days ago.

oh. ooook. But I never reported them. I did report 3 of these. ty.

Miracle Workers (2019) S2 E10
Alien 1 points 7 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

The last few episodes made this season worthwhile.
Chauncley finally came out of his stupor and was able to start thinking for himself. Barely. If there is a third season I’d like to see what life is like in Paris.

The Truth (2019)
Alien 0 points 7 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I haven’t watched this but I just had to say wow, look how beautiful
Catherine Deneuve still is at 75/76 yrs of age.

One Day at a Time (2017) S4 E1
thedamaged0ne -2 points 7 days ago.

is it me or all links have commercials at 10 and 20 minutes?

Alien 0 points 7 days ago*.

No it’s not you. The 3 I tried have them too. It happens once in a while. I watched an episode of Jimmy Kimmel yesterday and it had at least a dozen of them about 4 different times. Those links have since been removed. Maybe these will be, too.

The Good Doctor (2017) S3 E20
Alien 0 points 8 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

wtf??? Where is everybody going??? Not Melendez! How annoying.
They’re supposed to come back with 2 or 3 fewer doctors? That’s ridiculous.

9-1-1 (2018) S3 E13
Alien -2 points 8 days ago*.

Gaaaaah!!

No Limit (1936)
armeek 3 points 8 days ago.

There can not be many Isle of Man TT fans who haven’t seen George Formby’s hilarious 1936 movie No Limit.It immortalized the races way before names like Geoff Duke and Mike Hailwood made them famous, the film still plays on the Island every year during TT week. His favoured was a 500cc Norton International, an overhead cam, single cylinder sports model, which is now on display in the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham……Mr Formby you are a true biking icon…Hats off to the man…..*A Must Watch Film.

Alien -1 points 8 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I bet Burt Munro could have given him a run for his money. :)

Outlander (2014) S5 E7
Alien -1 points 8 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Gaaaaah! How can they end episodes like that?
There’s still a chance it’s not Roger.

OMGosh, how can they show Jamie in those states of undress and not expect a reaction that is not fit for print here?
Excellent episode. Lots of action and heartbreak.

First Contact (2015)
Alien 0 points 8 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

What apocalyptic event?

The Pale Horse (2020) S1 E1
Frac -2 points 9 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I vote you up. Does feel like I have seen it before tho.

Alien 1 points 8 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

tit for tat :)

The Pale Horse (2020) S1 E1
Frac -1 points 9 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Agatha Christie,of course I will watch it❗️ What’d you think 😜

Alien 0 points 9 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

When I watched it reminded me of many episodes of Midsomer Murders.
Mark Easterbrook did seem to have a curse following him around but for the life of me I can’t remember how it ends.
Apparently, for me, it wasn’t a memorable movie although I did enjoy it.
And I love Rufus Sewell.

DOH!

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (2014) S7 E6
Alien -1 points 9 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Holy shit! I can’t think of anyone more honest and intelligent and compassionate than John Oliver right now.
He calls it like he sees it and he’s seeing it like it is. Especially when it comes to the Administration and the buffoon who is supposed to be running it.
Right on, John Oliver!

Oh, btw, that rat art is bizarre.

Songcatcher (2001)
Alien 0 points 10 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Janet McTeer and Emmy Rossum give stellar performances in Songcatcher.
The music handed down from generation to generation is pure gold.
The rustic charm and simplicity of the mountain folks’ lives is enviable.
Well, except for the bassackwards way of thinking.
This movie is a must see!

The Call of the Wild (2020)
Alien 1 points 10 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Except for the scenes with people, Harrison Ford did most of his acting with a CGI dog in a CGI canoe on CGI rapids and facing a CGI wolf. Under those conditions, his performance was average.

Dan Stevens reminded me of Snidely Whiplash. Over the top and cartoonish.
Unless I missed something, no details were given on what happened to his companions. Did they fall through the ice like he was told was going to happen?
Was he blaming Thornton? He was so angry at him.
And the dogs just “ran off.” Why?

The film lacked something and I felt no emotion or feeling for the characters during scenes when I should have. Oh, and all the animals behaved weird.

Southern Comfort (1981)
PonderThis 0 points 10 days ago.

And not to mention that Ry Cooder wrote the haunting theme song. Love me some Ry Cooder! Not so much his singing but the man can play that guitar like no ones business!

Alien -1 points 10 days ago.

And he has a glass eye!

Southern Comfort (1981)
Alien -1 points 10 days ago.

I think it’s a great movie.
Keith Carradine, Powers Boothe, and Fred Ward are very underrated actors.
Powers Boothe was very popular in the 80’s.

Star Trek: Picard (2020) S1 E10
Alien -1 points 10 days ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

That was very profound.
I’ve always loved Will Riker. He’s as handsome as ever.
It was wonderful to see Data(as Data and not as Dr.Soong)even with that bizarre hairpiece. His lifelong wish was granted.
Can’t wait for season 2.

btw, what happened to that dirt bag, Narek?

Stumptown (2019) S1 E18
Alien 0 points 11 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Soooo, that’s who Ansel was talking to. That should mean another season. Woot!
This show has great writers. Never a boring episode.
And I love seeing Tantoo Cardinal still getting relevant roles and receiving the recognition she deserves in her native Canada.