Ditzygypsy's comments

Good Omens (2019) S1 E5
Ditzygypsy 2 points 1 month ago.

David Tennant’s perfect Jim Morrison swagger just kills me.

Silk (2007)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 month ago.

This is an example of a movie that would’ve benefited greatly from reference accents.

Silk (2007)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 month ago.

Married at First Sight (2015) S8 Special
Ditzygypsy 1 points 2 months ago*.

Thank you for posting these. Please post more when they come out this month. We can’t get this in Canada, and I am surprised it was even made this year because of, well, 2020. Thank you!

Fosse/Verdon (2019) S1 E1
Ditzygypsy 1 points 5 months ago.

I love biographies, but I cannot stomach schmaltzy Broadway singing, especially this extra-awful era. So I’m stopping after one episode, but for anyone who enjoys it, this is quite well-done. Too bad, because it would’ve been a decent binge-watch.

Escaping the NXIVM Cult: A Mother's Fight to Save Her Daughter (2019)
Ditzygypsy 1 points 5 months ago.

I watched this after watching The Vow documentary. This gives an idea of the events, but not the full picture. Andrea Roth’s English accent is almost as fake and terrible sounding as Madonna’s. Otherwise it’s pretty good.

Gardel (2017)
Ditzygypsy 1 points 5 months ago.

I’d love to see this.

Soulmates (2020) S1 E2
Ditzygypsy 2 points 5 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

I hated the ending. I wanted to see the crazy person go down.

Seduced: Inside the NXIVM Cult (2020) S1 E1
Ditzygypsy 1 points 5 months ago*.

Interesting how he would deflect from the truth of the accusations by having his die-hard followers say that it’s everyone else who is wrong and crazy and that it’s “fake news”. They defended him by saying the problem isn’t this one man; it’s everyone else. Seems to happen a lot with people in powerful positions who are blatantly corrupt, especially right now. This is one indication that the loyalists are actually involved in a cult and defending a cult leader. And it’s so clear to those with objective reasoning that the most obvious explanation is the simplest: the man, not the media or public, is the corrupt one.

Ladies in Black (2018)
Ditzygypsy 2 points 7 months ago.

What delightfully charming movie!

Cuties (2020)
antiflake 6 points 7 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

In all honesty,I have not watched nor will I watch this movie.But for those of that have, i will ask this question……was Joe Biden sniffing any kids in this??????

Ditzygypsy 3 points 7 months ago.

Well, they definitely left out the scenes of donnie walking in on the naked teenage girls and then bragging about grabbing their private parts. We know how he rolls, so we didn’t need to see it acted out in someone else’s biographical movie.

Cuties (2020)
Euringer 2 points 7 months ago.

What did you think was the worst scene?

Ditzygypsy 5 points 7 months ago.

Hasn’t watched it. Look at the non answer you got, lol.

Cuties (2020)
Ditzygypsy 13 points 7 months ago*.

No, it’s not “aimed” at preteens. It is autobiographical. You have no idea what it is about or what you’re talking about, but do keep blathering on. You still haven’t watched it and are in no position to critique either the style or the content. It doesn’t seem like it wouldn’t go over your head anyhow, so maybe just don’t bother and keep your comments about movies you haven’t watched to yourself? And the pedophile we had evicted from a nearby building had a stash of Hannah Montana DVD’s. That was his go-to viewing to satisfy himself. This movie has a message that you are clearly too obtuse to comprehend.

Cuties (2020)
dissock 20 points 7 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Bluecannon - temporarily banned for calling someone an idiot. Can’t post for 24 hours. This is the workaround.

This is just going round and round. I called out hypocrisy. That doesn’t mean that I liked the film. I said that the film had a message that people aren’t getting. Again, doesn’t mean I like the film. People like YOU are taking it personal, jumping in, paraphrasing, and distorting. That’s a really interesting reaction to someone saying that a film has a message. Chill out.

Bluecannon : I DON’T care if you like the film or not. And I never said I liked it. What I said is that there’s a message in the film, and the faux uproar is overshadowing it. Why do I call it faux? You prove it when you said that an 11 year old exposes her breast. That’s not in the film. A US senator claimed it was, and you bought into it. And then, you’re spreading the misinformation along. It’s fake, because even those who obviously haven’t seen the film are getting all offended. It’s ridiculous.

Then on the other side of the spectrum, you’ve got ShiftyPickle paraphrasing.
I said preteens are discovering their bodies. He / she interprets that as meaning they’re exploring their sexuality. See what I mean? Distortion again.

The uproar about this film smacks of hypocrisy. No uproar when we see:

• Toddlers in beauty pageants.
  • 7 year olds in child beauty pageants, wearing full makeup, hair and lashes and often hypersexualized.
  • Various dance competitions on tv where you see kids performing similar dance routines as that shown in the finale of Cuties.
  • The film Little Miss Sunshine with a 9-year old character doing a striptease to the music of Rick James Superfreak blaring in the background.

And NOW you want to show your outrage? Ummmm, okay. It seems people don’t complain seeing the end result of a dance routine featuring kids acting more adult than their ages (like I said, you see this stuff on television weekly in dance competition shows), but let’s bring out the pitchforks and clutch our pearls if a film shows the actual rehearsal process of the routine because…well…THAT just crosses the line (eye-roll).

Guess what? There’s an actual message in this film - maybe you’d pick up on that instead of focusing on the dance moves and its perceived titillation.

And FYI, in real life, 11 year old preteens are discovering their bodies. It’s called puberty. You can be shocked that a film DARE address the issue and dangers of preteens on social media - or you can accept the facts of life, that this IS the fact of life. But the faux puritanical outrage? Give me a break…

Ditzygypsy 6 points 7 months ago.

The fact that it is a semi-autobiographical take on the director’s life also makes it even more profound. This IS what is happening to little girls. Being a parent is terrifying, so most of the negative-content comments are coming from those without kids. It’s so much easier and requires so much less bravery just to look at the [Amerrican version] poster and jump on the naysayer, crazy-Q bandwagon than it is to actually watch it and understand how we need to know about the awful things so we can fight to change them and keep our children safe.

Cuties (2020)
t981x 4 points 7 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I am no way planning in watching this movie in anyway I dont want FBI coming to break down my door LOL. But seriously who legit thought this movie was in anyway a good Idea. Who funded this movie Jared from Subway?

Ditzygypsy 6 points 7 months ago*.

It’s pretty clear from your comment that you haven’t watched it. You’ve only looked at the American poster and synopsis. This is a semi-autobiographical story of the director’s life as a little girl. It is shining a light on how things actually are for many little girls. Watching it in French would help even more, but I don’t expect most Americans to be able to do that. However, jumping on the judgement bandwagon with others who haven’t watched it is also pretty typical. You don’t get to post a comment on a movie that you haven’t watched and not get called out.

Raised by Wolves (2020)
kingarco66 5 points 7 months ago.

hail to you God of Doctors :)

Ditzygypsy 3 points 7 months ago.

Lol I think that is Asclepius. Asclepias is some kind of plant. :D

White Lie (2020)
Ditzygypsy 1 points 8 months ago.

I think it ended too soon, but very well-acted. What a horrid person.

Hamilton (2020)
Ditzygypsy 4 points 9 months ago.

I don’t care for broadway singing, or broadway music, really at all, but I have seen The King and I with Yul Brynner from the 3rd row, and that was definitely spellbinding, and American Idiot was really good. They didn’t ruin Green Day’s music, like Mamma Mia unequivocally destroyed ABBA, and I was sure it would be hard to stomach, but I was very pleased to be wrong. Especially the girl who played Whatsername. So I didn’t really know if I’d like this, or even be able to tolerate it, but maybe because it wasn’t Andrew Lloyd Webber, I actually didn’t just like it; I loved it. There were even parts that choked me up, much to my surprise. They were all fantastic, especially Jefferson, but I think King George stole the show. Thank you uploaders.

Prophet's Prey (2015)
Ditzygypsy 2 points 9 months ago.

What a sick creep. He’s hideous inside and out; right down to his empty, black soul. Even his voice is a nasally, whiney, dweeb voice. So disgusting.

The Assistant (2020)
MixueW 1 points 11 months ago.

I was an assistant and enjoyed my job. this was the most pull my eyeballs out bored movie. and I enjoy watching juila. dont waste your time.

Ditzygypsy -1 points 9 months ago.

Before watching this, I thought your comment might be a little harsh…and then I DID waste my time, and I wish I had trusted you more, lol.

The Assistant (2020)
Ditzygypsy 1 points 9 months ago.

Kinda weird. And an awful, dingy office. I always had nice offices, and even in old Gastown, the office space was always decent. Yuck.

The Man Who Knew Infinity (2016)
Ditzygypsy 2 points 10 months ago.

What a beautiful movie. Thank you, uploaders.

Space Force (2020)
antiflake 6 points 10 months ago.

Remember, If ya don’t vote for Joe……you’re not black lol

Ditzygypsy 0 points 10 months ago.

Is Joe in the show? What does that have to do with this show?

America's Book of Secrets (2012) S1 E2
Ditzygypsy 1 points 10 months ago.

I found this on here and thought the series looked interesting, and so I went to my digital tv service on my iPad and found it on VOD, and tried to watch this, but it’s like watching an L. Ron Hubbard video. Who on earth would use crackpot kook Alex Jones as a source? This is on my History channel programming. It’s like a bunch of headless chickens produced it. I’m so disappointed. Big fat 0/5 stars.

Capone (2020)
Ditzygypsy 3 points 11 months ago.

Thank you for posting this so quickly. I wasn’t sure which service it was going to be streaming on. Great acting. Good movie.

Wish Me Away (2011)
Ditzygypsy 1 points 11 months ago.

I think KD Lang was the first female country artist to come out. Chely came way, way after.

All She Ever Wanted (1996)
Ditzygypsy 2 points 11 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Should’ve taken the lithium. Could’ve had a healthy, full-term baby and an uneventful, and even happy pregnancy with about as much risk as taking regular Tylenol during gestation. I had to take gravol and Tylenol 3 for violent headaches from being hit by a drunk driver though my entire pregnancy and my son was full-term, huge, and completely unaffected. You can take more things than they admit when you’re pregnant, but only neurologists and other specialists seem to know what’s actually true. These people who think they know better than doctors, like this crackpot, endanger everyone, especially their babies.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S3 E11
PacificLilly -2 points 1 year ago.

This episode was flipping awesome.

Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago.

Yeah. So good!

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days (2017) S4 E7
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

I didn’t reveal anything. I am asking if anyone has seen the entire episode anywhere. I noted what it says it’s about in this very page and what is missing. What I wrote is in no way a spoiler nor would it lead to spoiling anything anymore than any other benign discussion leads to spoilers on any other show on this site. In fact, even if I wrote the entire synopsis in the comment box, instead of the one or two points I chose from it, that would also not be a spoiler. I revealed NOTHING about what happened in the episode and only that what the the synopsis says happened, in fact, did not happen because this is an edited, shortened episode and not the actual broadcast of the full show. You know good and well that you didn’t read the synopsis before jumping on my comment, and I have never, ever spoiled any media plots on here. This is the second time you’ve done this to me with this show. It’s unfair and entirely uncalled for.

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days (2017) S4 E7
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

They are NOT spoilers! I’m quoting the posted synopsis from this very episode (see above…yeah, up there) and a previous one.

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days (2017) S4 E7
Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

This is odd. Ed never met Rosemarie’s family in this episode. Varya’s mom wasn’t in it at all either, but the other parts of the synopsis are correct. Just like a couple of episodes ago, it said that Stephanie risks her life to go to Australia. They never said anything about her condition nor did I see her talking to her parents. Are these only partial episodes? They also talk about stuff that we were never shown and act like we’re supposed to know wtf they’re talking about. Please explain if you know.

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days (2017) S4 E6
Ditzygypsy -1 points 1 year ago.

Catfished David’s Lana looks a lot like Ksenia Solo from Project Blue Book. He’s not just batting out of his league; they’re in two entirely different sports!

Vivarium (2020)
Ditzygypsy 5 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Well that was a big, fat bunch of pointless, plotless nonsense. The disgusting chewing and the screaming kid was just gross. This is up there with the stupidity of Killing of a Sacred Deer, and any other movie you can think of that doesn’t care to draw in the viewer with an actual plausible storyline (even if it’s fantasy, it still has to make sense).

In Her Skin (2009)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

It is a sad, sad movie, and just a warning that I found one of the scenes in particular to be extremely disturbing. We see violence in many movies, but this was somehow one of the more horrifying scenes I’ve watched and there wasn’t even any blood or gore. I’d want to be warned, and it’s not a spoiler. The synopsis is clear. The story was in the news even here in Canada. I think the scene is core-shaking. Thank you uploaders.

My One and Only (2009)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

Apparently, this is about on George Hamilton’s mother Anne Stevens (Hamilton), and a trip she took him and his brother on. When I was a little girl, I used to get George Maharis and George Hamilton confused. But I think I have them all sorted out now. Thank you, uploaders!

Cats (2019)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

I’m not a fan of ALW or really anything Broadway; although, I did sit in the front row at one of Yul Brynner’s last performances in The King and I, and I was spellbound, but mostly just because of him and the iconic role. I tried this. I wish I hadn’t.

Above Suspicion (2019)
Ditzygypsy 2 points 1 year ago.

Because of the way the IMDb synopsis line is written, I thought the movie was about the first time someone was convicted for murdering an FBI agent, lol. That’s some grammar. It’s actually about the first murder conviction OF an FBI agent.

Married at First Sight (2015) S7 E24
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

So both Josh and Michael are lying? I don’t think so.

Imagining Argentina (2003)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

This was good but quite sad.

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days (2017) S4 E1
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago.

I thought Angela was utterly repulsive, but TLC has outdone themselves. Say hello to Lisa. Ugh.

The Landlord (2017)
Ditzygypsy -2 points 1 year ago.

I didn’t realize this girl is the lovely Laurette Spang’s daughter until today. Laurette was Cassiopeia in the original Battlestar Galactica, which I think was much better than the reboot. I read the book when I was a teenager, and the reboot has so many things wrong; especially the fact that Starbuck is supposed to be a man. Anyhow, this movie is actually ok. I just wanted to watch it because Laurette had posted it on her timeline. Thank you, uploaders.

Married at First Sight (2015) S7 E17
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Natasha and Mikey, my gosh, that was the most beautiful breakup I think I’ve ever witnessed. For sure on this show. They both showed such grace and class. Thank you to whomever records and uploads these. I can’t get this show in Canada, and I’m so grateful for the links. Also, you do it nice and quickly and that is also appreciated!

Fantasy Island (2020)
JadeEnigma 6 points 1 year ago*.

I must say, the audio and video quality is quite good for a cam, and I really did enjoy the movie overall. I found it very entertaining, and the twistiness, often lambasted in online reviews for this film, was really not that bad at all. It did remind me of the television series in many ways. It is less a horror, though, than it is an adaption of a fantasy or even perhaps a little sci fi-ish. But yeah, really had fun with this one.

Ditzygypsy 5 points 1 year ago.

Your review is very helpful. It’s concise, and you answered all the pre-watch questions I had. Thank you.

Heart of the Beholder (2005)
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

This was ok. Contrary to what one odd IMDb reviewer said, there is most definitely a wrong and a right side in this film, and the wrong side is made up of crazy, fanatical, shamefully Christless people. Hypocritical kooks who don’t follow what we are supposed to follow: the New Testament commandments and lessons Jesus gave us, and who prefer to rely on a skewed version of the Old Testament to feed their fears. But what I didn’t understand is why there is an In Memorium to the late John Candy at the end. This was released in 2005, and he died in 1994. Hmmm.

Married at First Sight (2015) S7 E10
Ditzygypsy 0 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Aaaand everything’s fine until someone gets drunk. Way to go, dude. Alcohol. Figures.

The Waldheim Waltz (2018)
Alien 0 points 1 year ago*.

How the hell does someone with a “participation and role in the Nazi regime during WW II” become UN Secretary General not to mention the President of Austria?
No “participation” at Nuremberg? I guess I’ll have to watch to find out.

Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago.

I’m curious too.

Vikings (2013) S6 E10
etim -3 points 1 year ago.

Oh well, they got 10 more eps to make good.

Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago.

There’s 10 more still to come?! I finally caught up, lol.

Vikings (2013) S6 E9
Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago*.

I love Ray Stevenson! And I kind of had him in the back of mind as a casting option throughout my binge-watch of this series.

Vikings (2013) S6 E6
Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Nooooooo!

Birds of Prey (2020)
movieman2019 3 points 1 year ago.

Just horrible…smh

Ditzygypsy 1 points 1 year ago.

I love Margot Robbie, and I like action movies, but I have debilitating insomnia, and I actually dozed off more than once during this. I rewound it, to keep trying to get the whole movie, because snoozing through parts could also ruin it, but nothing saved it. My goodness.