expresso's comments

Wilmore (2020)
expresso 1 points 23 hours ago.

I have missed Larry Wilmore

The Boys (2019)
expresso 1 points 23 hours ago.

Kudos for the show runners moving this along in a way that pretty much compels a couch potato to lock in. I’m conflicted. I’m a fan of your basic antihero vehicle. I think I’m reacting to the fact that there are so many antiheroes at one time. I was very spoiled by Gotham. I think I hoped this would be less Cheese Whiz and more like that and now I’m a bit in hate watching mode.

Raised by Wolves (2020)
Aggr69 6 points 11 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Watched this out of a sci fi interest thinking nothing of it. Turned out this series is a sleeper hit. Fantastic take on a Earth colony of the future. Well worth watching if you liked the old 70s vibe of Star Trek type tv shows.

expresso 1 points 23 hours ago.

bingo

Raised by Wolves (2020)
marino4ever 9 points 21 days ago*.

The first 3 episodes were very good. A promising start.

The two leads, Amanda Collin (Mother) and Abubakar Salim (Father) are fantastic. Their characters and performances command attention at all times. I’m not entirely sold on the central conflict of the story, as it felt heavy handed. I hope it justifies itself in the long run, although I have my doubts. Still, I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.

expresso 1 points 23 hours ago*.

I thought about what you said. Yeah. I think the heavy-handed-ness is a throwback to classic Original Star Trek. Think William Shatner and We Are Making This Point By Hitting You With A 2x4. In other words, it’s (glorious) melodrama. To me people are reacting exactly the same way as when the Witcher came out (how dare you not be serious !!! with my TV) and that is refreshing because we all have too much deadly serious on our plates now.

Raised by Wolves (2020)
expresso 0 points 23 hours ago*.

I think I have finally figured out how I’m responding to this as sci fi and why it’s disappointing to those who want science-y wondrous future technology space opera. It has a very organic retro original Star Trek / Philip K Dick / 2001 / Heinlien vibe going on. It requires human beings to figure out what they are capable of doing with nothing but their own ingenuity and their personal social capital. 5/5 for making me actually think deep thoughts

Real Time with Bill Maher (2003) S18 E28
Eelectric 5 points 1 day ago*.

Oh boy.. gonna be a tough one to sit through, not because of the guests (looking forward to Bernie), but there’s a lady in the audience that laughs way too loud and way too often, i’m only 1:58 minutes in and starting to develop cringe cramps, hope she turns it down soon..
EDIT: The guests were good.

expresso 2 points 23 hours ago*.

You know, I can relate. I feel sorry for him. Maher is a classic road comedian and it throws him off not to have that pack of animals out there in the dark to play off of. He has been struggling with covid. Funny how the most loudmouth opinionated people don’t automatically have the outrageous self-esteem they project, because they need adoration from a huge crowd. Sound familiar?? ;)

It’s hard for all of late night. Their timing has been destroyed. Some hosts have gotten better at adapting over time (Colbert).

I try to remember that they can only have around 5 people in that huge room. And every single one of them has been asked to make reactions as if they were 20 audience members.

Desus & Mero are pretty much masters at this. I think this is because they are not road comedians and have been doing a podcast for a decade. And, it helps that they have a producer who jumps in and does ‘color commentary’ from time to time (much like Charlamagne the God’s show). Larry Wilmore’s show also very good at overcoming this hurdle.

Sorry, Bill. Covid sucks. I still watch.

Utopia (2020)
PacificLilly 2 points 1 day ago.

Good info to know DamoB78! I haven’t seen the original series/iteration; Is it really that good? Should I watch the original series first or are they both good enough to stand on their own?

expresso 1 points 1 day ago*.

@PacificLilly yes. Absoutely a must see. Not necessary in tandem with this and frankly, I think doing them both at the same time will distract one from the other. Think of the original as a very, very expensive meal featuring <your favorite thing on the menu when you’re out treating yourself> at a very, very expensive one-of-a-kind restaurant. You don’t want to do that in close proximity to going out somewhere and getting <your favorite thing on the menu when you’re out having a basic eating out experience> at a solid restaurant which you’ve been to before. (If you’re not a cinema geek this very well may not apply)

Utopia (2020)
shesmydriver 1 points 1 day ago.

Had to move on after 15 minutes into the first episode. The filming was terrible; like a bad fandom movie. The acting, if you can call it that, was so lifeless and the dialogue…well I guess you get the idea. This doesn’t even come close to the UK production and quality. I’m a huge fantasy / science fiction fan and this was really disappointing.

expresso 1 points 1 day ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

COMPARISONS SPOILER
I thought it was a mistake to start .US with a “comic con”. More relatable to an American audience, I get it, but A. takes way too much time B. blunts the uniqueness of the characters - because it lets US viewers instantly put them in a box they are very familiar with, and already have feelings about. The utter lack of that context is a key part of the original, and C. all the blah blah blah, over letting the parallel cinematic narrative, and just naked unexplained action, tell the major part of the story. HOWEVER +1,475,954 points for having the foresight to premiere during a global pandemic. You can’t make that stuff up.

Utopia (2020)
expresso 1 points 1 day ago.

Way-over-the-top fan of the original. This is definitely Americanized, and a remake. That’s not a bad thing! Homeland .IL vs Homeland .US - both good shows. I’m definitely engaged and entertained. A large part of my fun is because I’m a fan of the original series, and I’m going to binge that (again, why not), at the same time.

Mysteries of the Universe: Our Solar System (2020) S1 E3
expresso 1 points 3 days ago.

I like seeing all discoveries and missions as well as the science

Long Way Up (2020)
expresso 1 points 4 days ago.

IMDb 8.4/10

The Third Day (2020)
White Wall (2020) S1 E1
expresso 2 points 5 days ago.

ZzzzzZZZzzzz. Off to a very slow start, hope it picks up next week.

Banshee (2013)
jeff7777 1 points 5 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Yes, he looks different as Homelander, I guess it is cause he is, like, 7 years older….And agreed, Banshee was one of the best series I have watched…What helped is it was uncensored….!!!!

expresso 1 points 5 days ago*.

Older, but his face also looks weirdly tight and plastic and puffy at the same time. Like he had work done and not in a good way. That fake orange National Enquirer sheen is probably exactly the look they’re aiming for. Aging is a bitch.

White Wall (2020)
expresso 1 points 5 days ago*.

OK that’s a good SRT even though the filenames don’t match. Thanks YKJack

Banshee (2013)
ThereIsNoTime 4 points 1 year ago.

One of the most underrated shows of its genre ever.

expresso 1 points 5 days ago.

Of any genre. Agreed.

Banshee (2013)
expresso 3 points 5 days ago*.

Banshee is 100% improbable, written 100% real. At the noisy level this is lots of Antony Starr, action, fighting, sex, drugs, guns! Below the surface it’s about the meaning of identity and family. Everyone does their best work for a decade in this. Hoon Lee is a force of nature, Ulrich Thomsen has never been this good in anything else. In my top 10 lifetime series. I didn’t even recognize Antony Starr as Homelander until the 3rd epi and I bounced right over here. Great corona binge.

The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom (2007)
Saucer-People 2 points 7 days ago.

My favourite Adam Curtis documentary series and perhaps the most currently relevant in terms of today’s culture wars.

expresso 1 points 6 days ago.

I’ll have what he’s having.

Space's Deepest Secrets (2016) S7 E2
expresso 1 points 11 days ago.

Goes into all of what the new Mars rover will do and the latest theories about where the water is on Mars. This series has the latest up-to-date info of all the space shows. The latest photography of the planets is worth it alone. Beam me up Scotty!

Space's Deepest Secrets (2016) S7 E1
expresso 1 points 11 days ago.

Great episode - Pluto is a truly weird planet. Blows my mind there might be liquid water there.

Shetland (2013) S1 E1
expresso 1 points 11 days ago.

Can’t wait for Season 6

De bende van Jan de Lichte (2020)
expresso 1 points 11 days ago*.

There was a real Robin Hood from Belgium… Acting, filming, costumes all top quality. Totally flew under the radar. Excellent coronabinge. Ignore the stupid TvMaze rating. 82% RT.

My Octopus Teacher (2020)
expresso 2 points 19 days ago*.

IMDb score (Sep 8) is 8/10 not 5.1…this is critically acclaimed. Not sure what happened.

Waiting for the Barbarians (2020)
expresso 1 points 22 days ago*.

This has the feel of a 1940’s studio flick that would have been made with Peter Lorre et al. I love Mark Rylance, he did amazing character work here, I thought Jonny Depp’s character was creepily very effective. Cinematography very good (but not as David Lean as they are trying for). It’s definitely a film, not a movie, and the character work is masterful. I’m on board for any minimalist atmospheric art house film with deeper meaning, this was a bit too minimal. It moved me, but it didn’t move me enough. Ultimately I think this was Rylance’s character being too delicate. The end of a film should be like the lid of a box clicking shut. No click for me and not even sure there was a lid on this one.

Mulan (2020)
expresso 1 points 22 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

rogerebert.com critical review gives this 3.5/4 stars. Surprised at the haters on IMDb and the other sites trolling this movie.

expresso 2 points 22 days ago*.

Just heard a news item on this which said that the star of the movie expressed support for the Hong Kong police which I think explains a lot of the trash ratings. I mean, it’s not a superlative movie, but it’s also not utter garbage. Politics.

Mulan (2020)
expresso 1 points 22 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Yellowstone (2018) S3 E10
expresso 4 points 1 month ago.

Holy crap

Burnistoun (2010) S1 E1
expresso 1 points 1 month ago.

That was the most I’ve laughed in months! 5/5

Lucifer (2016)
expresso 3 points 1 month ago.

Lucifer season 5A dropped today (Friday August 21). There are an additional 8 episodes in season 5B which are scheduled to begin filming in October 2020 which would mean a release date summer 2021. It’s likely that filming of season 5B will be delayed due to covid. It was announced that a season 6 has been approved pending contracts.

Yellowstone (2018) S3 E9
expresso 2 points 1 month ago.

Videobin link 21 is the only one I found that did not have an encoding error around 30:00.

Brivido giallo (1987)
Kpucumo 2 points 1 month ago.

Imdb https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1570506/
Please add the all missing information and poster.

expresso 1 points 1 month ago.

There is a topic in the Forum for submitting/requesting that information…ghe moderators do not read comments with requests like this. Go to the Forum Front Desk and report.

Svartsjön (2016)
dinklefaust 2 points 1 month ago.

That’s sad, and I only know of this show because I had a shudder 7 day free trial. I wish someone would upload it because I enjoyed it but never had the time to watch the show but I have time now.

expresso 0 points 1 month ago.

A lot of shows get pages on here without links, they come in from TVMuse. The moderators do not read comments on the show pages.
You have to request links.

To request links for any show go here: https://www.primewire.ag/forum/thread/5.

Hinterland (2013)
expresso 1 points 1 month ago.

Great series - I really enjoyed this. Richard Harrington is great, enjoyed him in Poldark.

Gods of Egypt (2016)
expresso 0 points 1 month ago*.

Oh my. This is a thing of wonderment, deliciously bad. Straight to Video Store Cult Movie Section list.

Aquarela (2019)
expresso 1 points 2 months ago*.

iMBb review: “I saw it at Sundance a couple of days ago. I was enthralled by it and sad when it ended. The opening is narratively engaging, yes, with humans and story. That is fascinating, but the film really gets going when it get’s past any promise of overall narrative, and begins with its true purpose: to offer a privileged window into the true awesomeness of the water on this planet. Frozen, still, turbulent, graceful, violent, beautiful, it is all there, painstakingly captured with top shelf equipment and cinematography. It is a cinematic poem and of visual glory, awe-inspiring power and incredible natural sounds, mixed and designed in Dolby Atmos surround. The sound is immersive in a way that no other film I have seen has been, and it invites one to surrender and sink into the film. It is not a narrative journey, but a visual and sensual one, that allows time and space to contemplate part of the world we live in, both in celebration and contemplation of human’s impact. It is not an overtly environmentalist film, other than to remind us of the power and beauty of nature, and to show some of how we interact with it. There are moments where the film is scored, with Finnish heavy metal. This worked very well. I had the impression that power chords and distortion may be the only fitting texture to score images of such raw power as thousands of tons of turbulent waves of water. The visuals sometimes get abstract in a beautiful way that reminds me of the films of Stan Brakhage, specifically Mothlight and Window Water Baby Moving. Again, it invites one to just let it wash over you, and to enjoy the ride. I can’t wait to see this film again, next time hopefully in true 96 fps, which I understand unlocks an entirely new visual experience. I fully expected an uproarious standing ovation at the end of the screening. I was surprised to hear an average reaction from the crowd. I think people need to approach film with more openness and patience, and not fall into the trap of judging it in the narrow context of “entertainment”. This is a cinematic poem on an epic scale and I am so very grateful for its creation.” https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4618029/?ref_=rw_urv

Brave New World (2020)
expresso 5 points 2 months ago*.

Apparently you either love this or meh it. As a series standing alone, I thought it was excellent. It’s compelling and fast paced, it’s visually stunning, and the acting was appropriately superficial with a layer of nuance underneath. It’s eerie how much of the pathology in these two worlds and their societies is literally outside our front door, this week, today. This is not faithful to the book and if you’re looking for that this will probably piss you off. It’s more like a 2020 riff on the themes and building blocks and moral questions raised by the book - which was written almost 100 years ago and feels like it was written today. Huxley’s vision was amazingly prescient. We now have ever-more-sophisticated AI, wearables, facial and microexpression recognition, global network connectivity, and the largest country in the world has a centralized mass digital ranking system which is compulsory for all its citizens and eliminates personal privacy. It’s one step away from doing this by mobile devices to attaching it to your head. This level of technology is very near on the horizon and we will face the same issues and choices when it evolves into us. 5/5

Rome (2005)
expresso 1 points 2 months ago.

This is an excellent series - very yang and yin. The first season is exuberant - big, brassy, buxom and beautiful. The second season is just as excellent, but a bit of a tough slog. Glad I did the rewatch.

The American Runestone (2020) S1 E6
expresso 1 points 2 months ago.

The sense of derring-do, earnestness and childlike humility are palpable here, and completely adorable. Stormare and Elroy are the Quixote and Panza of possibility, tooling around northern Minnesota. Can’t wait for Season 2.

The Head (2020)
expresso 2 points 2 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Classic Agatha Christie whodunit. With more oomph in the writing and acting this could rise above - satisfying binge but not a two-fer. The last episode caught me off guard and that was fun :)

The American Runestone (2020)
expresso 1 points 2 months ago.

American Runestone Season 2 premieres in November and Season 3 is confirmed.

The Avengers (1961)
expresso 2 points 2 months ago.

Diana Rigg at the height of her career, long before Game of Thrones…

Out of Shadows (2020)
expresso 3 points 2 months ago*.

QAnon #PizzaGate conspiracy film. If you have no idea what QAnon is and what they are doing, this might be something to skim thru and be aware of, since some of the followers of Q are apparently now running for Congress…….

Dead North (2018)
expresso 1 points 2 months ago.

iMDb 7.5/10

Curfew (2019) S1 E3
JennyFromBlockD 0 points 2 months ago.

HOPALFLDKSUFOISFJLAKJDLKJD
WHAT IN THE BLUE FLYING FUDGE SICKLES!
WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!
OMG This show just went from good to HOLY CRAP WHAT AM I WATCHING!?!?!??!
10/10

expresso 2 points 2 months ago.

You can’t say you were surprised, can you?

Curfew (2019)
JennyFromBlockD 3 points 2 months ago.

Im 40 minutes into the 1st episode and I feel like Ive found another great one. Truly. I nearly gave up after 15 minutes cuz of some bad cgi & not interesitng plot then things TOTALLY switched gears.
Its some crazy mix of Hunger Games, Death Race, and Walking Dead; with SEAN BEAN! Its amazing. so far.

expresso 1 points 2 months ago.

Wayward Pines, Mad Max…

Curfew (2019)
expresso 3 points 2 months ago*.

This is simply the finest piece of trash I have seen in a very long time. Yum! High-velocity quarantine binge.

Curfew (2019) S1 E3
expresso 1 points 2 months ago*.

Okay then…..

Curfew (2019) S1 E2
expresso 2 points 2 months ago.

He made it he made it! Sean Bean is still alive!

The American Runestone (2020)
expresso 2 points 2 months ago*.

Really well done and enjoyable documentary on Vikings in the US. Peter Stormare (actor from American Gods, Fargo, Big Lebowski) came from the same county in Sweden as the farmer who discovered the runestone and he decides to go on a journey to find out the history of what happened to his countryman and this stone. Stormare is sincere, comes across as a really nice guy, and local people in the area around where the stone was found open up to him. I love Viking history, they were the first Europeans to North America and I think it is very likely they came to places like Minnesota and not just Newfoundland. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes.

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1998)
expresso 3 points 2 months ago.

Fastest half hour on TV!