peachesmom's comments

Euphoria (2019) S2 E2
peachesmom 1 points 5 days ago.

Whoa..I just don’t have the words. I will say it ain’t no Degrassi lol. adore the new addition of Dominic Fike. whata little honey!

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E10
Lily23 0 points 12 days ago.

There’s a discussion earlier in the season regarding the soap - opera-ness of this show & I’ve always felt this was over-the-top soapy drama. I’m a huge fan of Longmire for a modern day take on Westerns (and great characters). This show, for me, is more of a guilty pleasure.

peachesmom 0 points 10 days ago*.

but can’t all drama be considered “soapy”? the more invested we get in the characters’ drama, the more we love the show. a perfect example is Longmire. that show wouldn’t be nearly as good without all the conflict and drama between the characters and in their relationships. Yellowstone’s melodrama is over the top mostly because the characters are so over the top. IMHO

The Expanse (2015) S6 E6
peachesmom 3 points 11 days ago.

props to the writers for skillfully ending an epic series!!! but I really hope I’m wrong..

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E6
Lily23 0 points 12 days ago.

I’ve watched Southland twice already, once when it aired & then again recently. A lot of great actors in that show. It’s a bit rough sometimes but that was the writing/filming style. Reminded me of The Wire in that respect.

Tried Boardwalk Empire when it first came out but it didn’t catch. May try again.

peachesmom 0 points 12 days ago.

a good friend said the same and then tried again. she gave me sh/t for not making her watch it sooner lol. please give it another chance!

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E6
Lily23 1 points 13 days ago.

I’m a pretty big fan of Walton Goggins too after his role in The Shield so between those 2 actors I have high hopes

peachesmom 1 points 12 days ago.

yesss!! Walton is so great! You will love him in Justified! if you liked the Shield and haven’t checked out “Southland”, it’s pretty decent. since I’m on a roll, if you’re into old school gangster series, “Boardwalk Empire” is one of my all time favorites with another heavy hitter Steve Buscemi.

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E6
Lily23 1 points 14 days ago.

I always recommend Longmire as a great modern day western. Beautiful scenery, great actors & great writing. IMO not as over-the-top soapy as this can be but a truly great watch. Series is over & they were able to wrap up the story so makes for great binge watching :)

peachesmom 1 points 13 days ago.

yes you are so right!! I loved Longmire!! Heartland is so corny at times, but it really focuses on ranch and rodeo life. absolutely beautiful horses in every episode. I also loved Deadwood and Justified. I may have a thing for Timmothy Olyphant lol.

Dexter: New Blood (2021) S1 E10
MixueW 7 points 16 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Not sure how to process this loss. To scream? Throw things?! #teamdexter Guess he will now be a ghost like his sister before him, and his father.

peachesmom 4 points 16 days ago.

yes!!! exactly.

Heartland (2007) S13 E3
peachesmom 0 points 20 days ago.

great another season of the worst hair in tv history!

1883 (2021) S1 E3
peachesmom -3 points 29 days ago.

meh

All Creatures Great and Small (2020) S2 Special
peachesmom 2 points 29 days ago.

that was the sweetest and even the best Xmas special I’ve seen. warning.. have tissues near by. Happy New Year!

The Game (2021)
peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago.

so much better than expected!

Insecure (2016) S5 E9
peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago.

best episode yet.. drama!

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E7
DownrightDebonaire 6 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

i keep seeing everyone saying he had her sterilized. The way I read that scene was he was put in the position that his father should have handled but for whatever reason he had to. Beth was pregnant and he “handled it” I don’t recall any intentional maliciousness to have her sterilized which is purposeful and not an accident or repair that was needed during surgery.

As for his cowardice, He’s traumatized. physically and mentally abused for decades. I would expect nothing less. He literally flinches around Beth — she’s used him as a punching bag for years and in that time he hit back once. — I just don’t like physical abuse whether it comes form a woman or a man. I think Jamie is 100000% a result of his upbringing. He killed a reporter to protect himself and the family. Where did he learn that? The brand on the chest.

peachesmom 4 points 1 month ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

she desperately wanted to keep it from her father that’s why she turned to Jamie for help. the clinic told him she would be sterilized. he let her go through with it knowing she was not only having an abortion, but that they would make sure she couldn’t get pregnant again. they did that then on the res and it’s disgusting. he purposely didn’t tell her because he selfishly and cowardly just wanted it handled. boo hoo poor little Jamie.

Beth was also traumatized as a child. her mother verbally and emotionally abused her for being afraid of horses, and then accidentally got crushed by a horse herself, which Beth witnessed and feels partially responsible for. She sucked it all up and now kicks her family’s enemies’ asses.

Also, JD paid for Jamie’s education that probably cost in the six figures that he would never have gotten if he weren’t a Dutton.

“Adversity doesn’t build character, it reveals it”.

Heartland (2007) S10 E3
peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago*.

another hair butcher and colour flunky this season. Tim’s hair is orange. Jade looks like Shirley Temple instead of a bronc rider. annoying and typical Canadian TV.

Succession (2018) S3 E9
peachesmom 3 points 1 month ago.

lol the show with the characters you love to hate! IMO there isn’t one single likeable character, so it doesn’t matter who wins. the battles are so brilliant!!! best writing ever!

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E7
DownrightDebonaire 6 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

For not speaking up about his jailbird dad being behind it all…yeah. Over all though he needs to catch a break.

I’d like to hear what the commenters think…Is Jamie really that bad? I feel like they have all pretty much treated him like crap his entire life.

peachesmom 5 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

he had his sister sterilized when she was young and without her consent. she can’t have a family of her own. he murdered a woman and covered it up. he’s a snake. awww poor Jamie.

The Wheel of Time (2021)
UGuess 2 points 1 month ago.

def not even a sniff of GOT

peachesmom 5 points 1 month ago*.

GOT is for grown ups.. WOT could have been too.

And Just Like That... (2021) S1 E1
snazzydetritus 1 points 1 month ago.

Yeah…this show was always ridiculous, but I am sure they found ways to make a bad thing worse. Smart of Kim Cattrall to back out of that dumpster fire before she became a walking talking joke, like the other women.

peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago.

you know it!

And Just Like That... (2021) S1 E1
peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

so bad..stopped watching soon after the absent Samantha dig,”sexy over sixty”.

Yellowstone (2018) S4 E6
Birdsforme 4 points 1 month ago.

Never knew how beautiful Utah and Montana was till I watched this series.

peachesmom 1 points 1 month ago.

Have you heard of “Heartland”? It is a family series about ranch life based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is gorgeous to watch because of the beautiful landscapes and the majestic horses. It can be sappy at times, and it’s no”Yellowstone” for sure! but the scenery and the characters make it interesting and worth watching IMO.

Heartland (2007)
peachesmom 2 points 1 month ago.

whoever butchered their hair needs to go back to hair design and cutting school!!! especially the two leads Amy and Ty! just ongoing horrendous hair cuts! Now that I got that off my chest, I do love this family show about ranch life, especially the exquisite horses!

The Last Duel (2021)
peachesmom 1 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

epic period Flick!! perfect cast..Jodie Comer smashes it as always!! length of the film is needed to cover 2 characters’ versions of the story, and then the truth. I enjoyed every minute of it!!

Star Trek: Discovery (2017) S4 E2
dropingin54 -1 points 2 months ago.

Bummer! They finally had a chance to write Saru out of the show permanently and instead they brought him back. He is the most irritating character in all the STs combined. Season 1 - 2 were great. Whoever is producing and writing last year and this should be replaced.

peachesmom 4 points 2 months ago*.

yes! I stopped after season 2! I couldn’t believe how sappy and boring season 3 was.. not to mention the ridiculous Michael make-over ugh!!!! so bad! I am no longer watching but I saw ur comment in the sidebar and had to agree!!

Dopesick (2021) S1 E8
Jimmy4unow 3 points 2 months ago.

Another great performance from the only Batman that ever mattered.

peachesmom 0 points 2 months ago.

true story!!!

Dopesick (2021) S1 E8
peachesmom 6 points 2 months ago.

important series not to be missed!!!.. very sad but moving and powerful tale about addiction and corruption

Mayor of Kingstown (2021) S1 E2
peachesmom 2 points 2 months ago.

not recommended for the faint of heart.. really gripping!!

Mayor of Kingstown (2021) S1 E1
peachesmom 1 points 2 months ago.

ep 1 is on! and so worth the wait! enjoy!!!!

Ragdoll (2021)
peachesmom 1 points 2 months ago.

nope.. hard pass. just ridic

No Time to Die (2021)
bloodyjim 4 points 2 months ago.

Overly emotional borefest. Miss the days when Bond films were actually fun.

peachesmom 2 points 2 months ago.

ditto

Ragdoll (2021) S1 E1
peachesmom 1 points 2 months ago.

meh

The Harder They Fall (2021)
peachesmom 0 points 2 months ago.

I love westerns, so I was really looking forward to this!!! I am really disappointed!! ..flat characters. silly, over-the-top acting and simply a waste of some of the best talent around. the soundtrack is excellent though.

Kin (2021)
peachesmom 1 points 2 months ago*.

now that’s what I’m talking about.. perfect cast. wicked and deep characters. lots of yummy revenge, betrayal, and power struggles!! never a dull moment. excellent finale. no annoying fake Irish accents that I could tell anyway. Clare Dunne as Amanda, smashed it! Can’t wait for the next season!!

Insecure (2016) S5 E1
peachesmom -1 points 3 months ago.

same old..

Invasion (2021)
Saucer-People 27 points 3 months ago.

Three episodes in and I’m already rooting for the extraterrestrials.

peachesmom 4 points 3 months ago.

LOL!!

Invasion (2021) S1 E3
peachesmom 6 points 3 months ago.

cringe. cheesy cliches, filler, and terrible writing/acting. JMO.

The Sinner (2017) S4 E2
peachesmom -1 points 3 months ago.

so far… zzzzzzzz. disappointing.

MAID (2021) S1 E5
peachesmom 1 points 3 months ago*.

this is an excellent drama series with a few moments of comedic relief. It is classified not only as a drama, but also as a “comedy”. It’s not. there is nothing funny about domestic violence, child abuse or mental illness.

Cry Macho (2021)
Bete Noir 3 points 4 months ago.

Too painful to watch.

peachesmom 2 points 4 months ago.

agreed.

Annika (2021) S1 E1
peachesmom 1 points 4 months ago*.

disappointed.. really bad! Nicola Walker must be desperate for work. hard pass.

The Chair (2021)
peachesmom 3 points 5 months ago.

great from beginning to end.. 5/5 imo.

Nine Perfect Strangers (2021)
peachesmom -1 points 5 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

watched 2 eps. what a derivative snorefest and a waste of a great cast. and yes I too am tired of looking at NKs plastic, filler and botox.

The Knick (2014)
yellow_rose1 6 points 1 year ago.

I enjoyed this so much and was completely heart broken that it did not return for another season

peachesmom 1 points 6 months ago*.

so underrated!!!

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S4 E10
peachesmom 9 points 7 months ago*.

“Weak men hmm?… They do make the world go round.”

-- June Osborne
Hacks (2021) S1 E10
peachesmom 2 points 7 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

excellent cliffhanger!! fantastic show.. unpredictable (maybe the ending not so much) and quirky, so well done had me engaged the entire time..no filler moments or scenes imo..just loved every ep… and of course now there has to be a next season yay!!

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999) S22 E14
peachesmom 1 points 8 months ago.

lol it still drives me crazy every time I see heels on female cops on the job..

Hacks (2021) S1 E4
peachesmom 0 points 8 months ago.

GREAT show.. I LUV it!!! never a dull moment!

Grace (2021) S1 E2
peachesmom 1 points 8 months ago.

ridiculous ep.

Domina (2021)
peachesmom 4 points 8 months ago*.

this is just not that great.. watch “Rome”. a similar story but it’s a hundred times better!!

McDonald & Dodds (2020) S2 E1
peachesmom 0 points 10 months ago.

I’m so happy I found this show!.. the location is beautiful, the cast is great! it is clever and original… what’s not to like?!

McDonald & Dodds (2020)
peachesmom 0 points 10 months ago.

pleasantly surprised.. really like the odd couple complimenting each other creating the perfect crime solving machine lol. well written and cast. I’m enjoying this one!