starphlo's comments

Dexter: New Blood (2021) S1 E10
starphlo 1 points 15 days ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Well like only everybody saw that one coming. Easiest way out. No more smooth talking Dexter getting out of everything. Only a Dexter making lots of mistakes, missing things and getting caught. How disappointing. The kid wouldn’t have wanted to kill him. I’m not buying it at all. And no I don’t want a spin off with Dexter as a ghost. I don’t like the Deb ghost and I don’t like Batista. So much for blowing up the internet

Beforeigners (2019)
Dexter: New Blood (2021) S1 E5
starphlo 2 points 1 month ago.

Truly. Serial killer music. Weird.

Van Der Valk (2020) S1 E1
starphlo 1 points 1 month ago.

Couldn’t get into this at all. Lots of characters with no back story and I didn’t care what they did or what happened to them. Cute guy tho.

Invasion (2021) S1 E9
starphlo 1 points 1 month ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I have enjoyed this show and liked that is had a buildup with some depth…but didn’t hardly even catch what happened at the end until I read a review. Some irritating things: those two kids, closeups of the blond, always needing subs…I did like the english kid a lot, tho.

Angela Black (2021) S1 E5
UGuess 1 points 2 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

When is this chick going to start recording the conversations? SMH

starphlo 0 points 2 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Her naivety has been annoying me too but I have a feeling she’s gonna turn into a bad ass. This has proven to be a good show.

Sound of My Voice (2012)
starphlo 1 points 3 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

That ending was awful. Waste of an hour and a half.

Chapelwaite (2021) S1 E10
starphlo 0 points 3 months ago.

Meh…

In the Shadow of the Moon (2019)
starphlo 2 points 3 months ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

“It fed on anger. It spread through fear. It made monsters out of men until even the ordinary were broken, one by one.” What an ending!

MAID (2021)
starphlo 3 points 3 months ago.

I could tell right away that whoever wrote this had real experience with domestic abuse and dysfunctional families. Too bad there aren’t more shows like this one which could be so inspirational for women in such situations. It was really exceptional in every way- storytelling, actors, settings. Even the little 3-yr-old was great and so adorable. IMDB rates this at 8.6 and in my opinion it is 10/10.

Nine Perfect Strangers (2021) S1 E8
starphlo 4 points 4 months ago.

This was just beautiful. Great actors, gorgeous scenery and architecture, funny, sad, different. I loved it. Nicole isn’t convincing as a Russian but she is stunning still

Chapelwaite (2021) S1 E1
starphlo 1 points 4 months ago.

How can I get subs?

Succession (2018) S1 E2
starphlo 0 points 4 months ago.

Does this get any better? I’ve heard good things about this but I’m not seeing it. Kinda sucks, imo.

Pig (2021)
starphlo 1 points 5 months ago.

Well that was different…wild and weird. Just like Nic Cage. Love this guy!

Vienna Blood (2019)
starphlo 2 points 5 months ago.

This was excellent. My only complain is that there are no more episodes. Very well made. The victorian sets were amazing, characters engaging, stories very interesting. 5/5

Black Widow (2021)
starphlo 1 points 5 months ago.

High on the action and low on plot. Maybe it would make more sense if I had watched all the prior Marvel movies the but quality has been so poor lately.

Kung Fu (2021)
starphlo 2 points 6 months ago.

If you’ve never seen the original Kung Fu, do yourself a favor and check it out. I was mesmerized by it as a kid and it was my first glimpse into eastern thought. Carridine was excellent and there were many very young actors who went on to become famous…Jodie Foster, William Shatner and many more. It is still probably my favorite show of all time so I’m sure this one won’t even compare but I will give it a try.

Homeland (2011) S3 E12
starphlo 1 points 7 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I’m late watching this series but was enjoying it a lot until this episode. This has ruined my whole day. What a bunch of egotistical psychopaths, playing their power trips out with the lives of other people. Brody went through several hells only to be sacrificed in the end…and they all just get over it, make friends again, smile and continue on. Disgusting.

Professor T (2021)
Zenz-XIII 1 points 7 months ago.

Was this version cancelled then? I just wanted you to know how many seasons/eps there could be.

starphlo 1 points 7 months ago.

Idk for certain. It just says “to be determined” under the image above.

The Mosquito Coast (2021) S1 E7
starphlo 1 points 7 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

How beautifully poetic! Sailing off into the sunrise….in tears and on a dilapidated boat. Still don’t know what’s going on but that’s ok. I like the main character, brilliant, adventurous and probably on the spectrum. The son is too weird tho. .. and they really needed to tell the kids wth is going on.

Professor T (2021)
Zenz-XIII 3 points 7 months ago.

Currently rewatching the belgian original (I speak Dutch but it has English subs) OG has 3 seasons with 13 episodes each. (I could not watch the UK version because OG is so much better)

starphlo 1 points 7 months ago.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try but I hate subs…

Professor T (2021)
starphlo 1 points 7 months ago.

I love this show. Hope they renew it…He’s sort of like Monk only edgier and a lot more serious.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S4 E9
starphlo 3 points 7 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Like real events these days, the criminals just keep getting away with everything

The Mosquito Coast (2021)
starphlo 2 points 7 months ago.

This added some excitement to my boring weekend! Great show. Now I will be going back to watch the originals.

Cruella (2021)
starphlo 0 points 8 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

I thoroughly enjoyed this except for the soundtrack. At times it was jarring. Whoever did that should never be allowed to do another one. There were a few great Stone songs,one super horrible rendition of the Beatles “Come Together” and other tunes that didn’t fit. The CGI of the little dog wasn’t too believable at times. Otherwise, I loved it. Cool castle and costumes.

Pennyworth (2019)
starphlo 1 points 8 months ago.

I made it to season 2 ep 4 and have completely lost interest.

Prodigal Son (2019) S2 E13
starphlo 1 points 8 months ago.

That wasn’t an ending! There must be another season. Sign the petition!!!

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S4 E4
Peevee 3 points 8 months ago.

Its the handmaid’s tale lol its usually depressing

starphlo 2 points 8 months ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Obviously. It just got me that even when they have escaped, someone else wants to rape them.

The Handmaid's Tale (2017) S4 E4
starphlo 3 points 8 months ago.

That was depressing.

The Nevers (2021) S1 E2
starphlo 1 points 9 months ago.

Was trying to like this but 34 min in and can’t take it anymore. Disappointed. Normally love anything Victorian but this is excruciatingly boring . . .lots of dialogue with thick accents.

The Knick (2014) S1 E1
starphlo 0 points 9 months ago.

Wow this was intense and I’m loving it so far. Although I’m looking away in parts